We’re looking for professionals for a harrowing position. Be prepared for bitter reality, infinite pressure, months of complete isolation, and constant angst. Satisfaction is never guaranteed and, in fact, is highly doubtful.
Another way of saying this is:
Vandis is looking to hire a Security Analyst for our SOC. As a member of our SOC, you’ll be responsible for the detection of cyber threats and be an integral member of our incident response team. SOC Analysts are responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems, investigate security alerts, and escalate issues as necessary. You’ll have opportunities for advancement and training from more senior members of our team, evaluating new security technologies, incident response, penetration testing, and the freedom to try out new ideas and technologies to improve the SOC.
- Perform Level 2 triage and handling of security events; includes but is not limited to identification, containment, remediation, and reporting activities.
- Monitor security functionality (IDS/IPS and Endpoint) and report daily operational metrics; provide management reports on risk status of network infrastructure, applications, internet activity, email filtering, vulnerability management and security metrics.
- Expand, tune, and enhance rulesets – SIEM, IDS, etc. – to identify security incidents and reduce false positives.
- Create custom rules and modify existing rules, policies, alerts, etc., based on client needs or situational conditions.
- 3+ years of experience in Information Security or a related field.
- Understanding of firewalls (Palo Alto, Juniper, Check Point, Cisco, etc.), proxies, SIEM, anti-virus, and IDPS concepts.
- Experience with penetration testing and techniques.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and offer solutions for future avoidance.
- Understanding of Windows security logs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to communicate risks and issues to technical and non-technical people alike.
- Certifications are a plus. The more the merrier. e.g. CISSP, OSCP, CISA, CEH, etc.
Vandis Inc. is a major provider of Computer Network Infrastructure and Security Products from Cisco, HP Enterprise, Dell, EMC, IBM, and Citrix to Fortune 1000 corporate accounts, universities, government agencies, K-12 school districts and hospitals throughout the NY/NJ metro area. We also provide integration, professional services and training utilizing our own team of engineers.
Established in 1983, Vandis Inc. has seen the technology and business world change while our client-focused approach has remained the same. We are a growing, profitable, and financially stable company. With significant growth year over year, no debt and a strong balance sheet, you can feel assured that you made the right career choice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security: 3 years
Salary: Salary differs depending on experience
Job Type: Full-Time